Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest. Joshua 1:9

Monday, January 31, 2022

2022 January

 Welcome to 2022!  We are hopeful that it will be a great year for our families and us.  We are praying that we will get enough snows and rains in the next few months to get us out of the drought, that the pandemic will come to an end, and that people will be able to find peace by turning to their Heavenly Father and living His commandments.

When I told my sister, Judy, that I didn't have pictures to post for the month of January, she said to just post a picture of the snow and that should tell the whole story of January.  Well, here is what January looks like from my house:

And then Lon got busy with his beloved snow blower - -
It snowed every few days all month and the temperatures have not been above freezing for the whole month - -
which means that nothing is melting!  
Three words to sum up January are cold, windy, and cold!😬
I got to help with a funeral dinner at the 1st and 3rd ward building on January the 2nd.  I was shocked when my cousins walked in.  I hadn't connected the dots but the funeral was for the son-in-law of my cousin Jeannie Walker Mix.  Dennis and Tina Walker were also in attendance.  I called Lon so he could come and visit with them also.  It was a cold and windy day.
We pretty much used the truck all month because none of the snow was melting and the roads were snow covered, slick and drifting.  We started using a step stool for Sister Zysett to get her into the truck.  It was kind of scary but she managed it.
We did one service call for Kip, installed a new bath vanity, visited Mom on Monday, Wednesday and Friday's, served in the temple on Tuesday mornings, enjoyed going to the temple on Wednesday evenings, and took the Zysett's and Sister Petersen to the temple on Thursday mornings.  Lon watched a lot of ball games on TV and I read a lot of books.  
On January the 13th, we drove to Rigby to Karen and Drew Miller's house.  Lon helped Drew take out a cabinet and installed a new gas stove.  They had to run the gas lines from the basement to the kitchen.  Everything really went well.  Lon also fixed a water leak in one of the bathrooms for them.  We had a wonderful visit, even though I was not feeling great.  I had gone visiting with Lon to the Cottam's and the smoke plugged me up completely.  But Karen took care of me.  Sure wish these two hadn't moved to eastern Idaho, sure do miss them.
Our English Connect class has only been Erendida.  She braves the storms and bad roads each week.  She wants to advance her English language and is really doing great.  We miss the others and hope that they will come back soon.
On January the 19th our TV broke😌.  We spent the morning of the 20th shopping for a new one.  We had decided on the one to buy, went to visit with Mom, and went to buy the TV.  It was already sold!  So we went to a different store, Quales Electrics, and found one.  They delivered it on Saturday morning and helped us try to figure out how to use it.  They came back on Monday and helped us again.  It is going to take time to figure it all out.  We are sooo technology challenged!!!!
Lon and George did do a bit of fishing at the river, catch and release only, on days that were not real windy.  
And that sums up January, cold, windy and cold.  We are so thankful that the temple is open, however the size of the sessions has been reduced to 16 total again.  Some weeks are very challenging to get appointments for all 5 of us on Thursdays.  We haven't seen the sun all month.  I think I'm glad that January is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment