The 1st of September and Lon drove truck in the beets again this morning. Sharon flew into Salt Lake and Linda and Mick brought her up to Jerome. She will spend the night with us. We are still able to meet together and have lunch with Mom about 1 o'clock outside. It is nice to be able to be in person with her. Before I went over, I got 2 batches of blackberry jam made. This evening we were asked to attend Mutual and talk about our missions with the combined Young Women's. Sharon came with us. It was fun to share some of our stories with the Young Women of our ward.
On Thursday, Sharon went with Mick and Linda and had lunch again with Mom. I stayed home and got a batch of blackberry freezer jam made. Lon put in 6 and a half hours in the beets. On Friday I took the Zysett's to the temple for the 9am session. We grabbed a bite to eat and got them home with a half hour to spare before I needed to head to Mom's but when I dropped them off, the homecoming parade came right past their house and I couldn't get out of the driveway. I sat there for a half hour and finally could head to Twin but couldn't get home to change my clothes so I went in a dress. Lon finished up the early beets. His truck is finally repaired. It has been in the shop for 18 months!
Still a beautiful truck, we just hope that it really is fixed?
Saturday morning we finally had time to get the apples processes. We made 21 quarts of apple pie filling.
So thankful for Lon's help. He pealed all of the apples with the help of Nancy Reddick's pealer. We probably have enough for the rest of our lives.
Kip asked us to paint the outside of the rental on 5th (Tina's old house). Tracy had given us 6 gallons of paint, all a different shade of gray, that he didn't use on his house so we kept the darkest gallon for me to paint the shutters with and mixed everything else for the house. I painted the shutters here at home while Lon began painting the house. The weather is perfect for painting. We painted a little each day and got it all done on the 16th. It really looks good.
Our temple closed on the 13th for 2 months. The only good thing about it is that Lon won't have to get a sub during the beet harvest. We will miss it. We took advantage of the last week by serving on our shift on the 7th, doing sealings and an endowment session on Wednesday and taking the Zysett's on Thursday morning. We really are "temple pigs".
Friday morning we loaded up the truck and headed to Farrell and AnnaVee's house in Orem, Utah. Carl LeSuere flew in from Arizona and stayed with us at Farrell's house. He was a mission companion of Lon's in Venezuela. Farrell, Lon and Carl golfed 9 holes Friday evening and then 18 holes on Saturday morning. Lon and Carl then went to their 50th year mission reunion.
Stephen Chapman with the Danley's
Leo Pizarro and wife
Lon is between Elder Clay Smith and Elder Tim Hickenlooper
Steven Johnson and Gary Lowder
Scott Danley
not a huge group
Carl LeSuer
I got a call from Judy. Mom is not doing well. Linda, Mick and Judy were called and actually brought to Mom's room to try and get her orientated. She didn't know anyone for a bit but gradually started to come out of it. We figure she had another mini stroke.
We attended church and then drove to Hannah and Jacob's new apartment, which they are buying.
We got to meet the new puppy. They are doing great with work and school.
On Monday morning the men again golfed, then we ate lunch and took Carl back to the airport to catch his flight home. We headed for Jerome ourselves. The truck ran well and we had a great time, but are glad to be back home.
Judy and I got to visit with Mom in her room on Tuesday and Wednesday. We brought her in food from her favorite restaurants to try and entice her to eat. On Thursday Serenity again locked down and we had to visit from the window.😢 Mom is not doing well!
Monday morning I had a tooth ache and went to the dentist. He ended up pulling the tooth. I am working on my lesson this week, have a funeral for Melissa Bench to arrange the luncheon and have company. Then on Friday my car stopped and wouldn't start again. That was the end of my rope!😡 Karen talked me down and I made it through the rest of the week. Dick and Kyla got here on the 21st. Sharon, Mick and Linda got to town on the 22nd. Serenity is letting 2 family members come into Mom's room at noon each day to bring her in lunch and eat with her. She doesn't want to get out of bed anymore. By Sunday she is looking better and getting stronger and actually getting out of bed. On Thursday, everyone, except Connie and Debbie, came over and we went through a bunch of Mom's things.
Linda, Sharon, Nancy and Dick
I was scared to death that someone would be mad at me cause I had not saved something from the estate sale for them. I didn't sleep all night but everything went well and everyone seemed happy. We did it again on Friday and will have to finish when Dick and Kyla come back next week.
Quilts and afghans to divide up
They headed for Logan on Saturday morning. Sharon has decided to stay till October the 7th so she can visit with Mom as often as possible. She has been staying with us, sleeping in the piano room on an air mattress.
Monday night we had dinner with George and Kim. Sharon is without a car so I try to get her where ever she needs to go. We had dinner with her classmates on Wednesday. We take turns with Judy so we can be with Mom as much as possible. She is doing so much better. She just needs her family to be with her in person!
Sharon, Mom, Connie
Lon finished 4 days in the beets again and will wait till October 2nd to start again.
The funeral dinner went well, we planned on 150 and fed 100 so we had plenty of food.
We did some more work for Kip. Lon got to go fishing with George one day and Sharon and I have been busy visiting Mom. This last week of the month has really gone fast. Our English Connect class changes weekly. Isidro has stopped coming but we have 2 new women students who are wonderful. I haven't golfed all week with Sharon here but Lon has been able to golf with Junior and Kurt. The trees are starting to turn and fall is in the air.
No comments:
Post a Comment