Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest. Joshua 1:9

Sunday, October 31, 2021

October 2021

 Lon started again in the beet harvest.  He will go daily until they get them all harvested.  He really does enjoy this small window of being involved with farming.  


This is the 12 row digger. they also have a 6 row digger.
This is the size of truck that Lon drives.
Saturday and Sunday, the 2nd and 3rd, was General Conference.  We missed most of it with working for Lon and my family came in again to finish going through Mom's things that we didn't sell at the Estate Sale.  Dick and Kyla arrived about 10:30 on Saturday and stayed with us till Wednesday morning.  Mick and Linda arrived on Saturday about noon and Sharon has been staying with us in the piano room on the air mattress.  She didn't want to stay with Connie because Connie is working and she might miss out on some of the fun of being together with the rest of us.  We went through most of the picture albums and documents.  Dick, Sharon, Linda and Judy all want me to make them a copy of my 2 album book of Mom and Dad's life so I have kept all of the originals and will spend most of the winter getting their books copied and assembled.  It's hard to add more information into mine but we found some very special things that will enhance all of the books.
Serenity is letting 2 of us come into Mom's room about 10 to help her get going and then 2 more can go in about 12:30 and bring her in lunch.  She is doing so much better.  I have not gone in a lot, trying to let those who don't live here have the chance to visit with her as long as they are here.  In a 5 day period, Mom was able to visit with all of her children.  By the time everyone had to leave, Mom was alert and enjoying our visits.  Dick and Kyla left on Wednesday morning, the 6th, with a trailer full of treasures from Mom.  They had her kitchen table, roll top desk, and cedar chest along with plenty of boxes full of items that they wanted.  Sharon left on the 7th.  We mailed 5 boxes home for her.  Mick and Linda left on the 7th also and took Sharon with them so she can fly home on the 8th.  Debbie and Connie took over on the weekends and came over to pick up treasures also.  Our storage shed only has 2 totes left with stuff that no one wanted but we will keep them incase any of the grandchildren wants something when Mom passes.  
It rained on the 8th, 9th, and 10th so Lon was unable to work in the beets.  When they started up again on the 13th the fields were very muddy and the trucks got stuck a lot and had to be pulled out with a tractor.  We are thrilled to have the moisture but it does make it rough on the harvest. 
Barb, Nancy and I went to lunch on the 12th.  So fun to reconnect with high school buddies.   
We had Drew and Karen Miller come down and spent the night with us on the 16th.  Always so great to have them come.  We also fed 6 young missionaries on the 17th. We were supposed to feed 2 but they called and asked if 2 more could come and before we knew it, we had 6 to feed.  We had arepa's so it was easy to just add some more flour and feed a bunch of hungry missionaries.  Everyone seemed to enjoy them.  
Lon finished the beets on November the 2nd, putting in 7 more days than last year.  He averaged 12 hour days.  I think he is glad to have them done.
Shayla and Justin were able to go the Illinois to attend Gideon's basic training graduation.
Gideon is now in Texas at his AIT.  So proud of this young man.
I turned 70 this year😵.  Wow, its hard to wrap my mind around that.  I really am getting old.  The girls came in on the 28th and we met up with Tracy and Sarah for dinner.
Shayla, Sarah, Ginger, Tracy, birthday girl, and Mindi
To celebrate with 5 of my kids was so special.
Lon was working so didn't get to go with us.😞  We went to Janitzios.  Our waitress overheard us talking about celebrating my birthday and we were sung to and received a huge fried ice cream dish.  It was a wonderful birthday, but the girls told me that they weren't done spoiling me yet.
Friday morning the girls and I went golfing, Tracy and Lon both had to work.
It was a little brisk when we started out

The wind picked up but we still had a great time.
Shayla is the best golfer of us all.

We finished and were ready for some hot chocolate!  We headed to Twin Falls to have lunch at McCallisters.  Soup and sandwiches and we headed to visit Grandma.
Serenity is still not letting anyone but the children in so Judy was in the room and we visited from the window.  Grandma was so thrilled to have the girls visit!  Then the girls took me to get a manicure and a pedicure?
I have never had a manicure in my life.  Working with Lon and cleaning rentals doesn't bode well with painted nails.

I chose just a light pink but the girls enjoy darker colors.
Their nails took longer than mine so I got to get the only pedicure.

I have never liked anyone touching my feet, but I have to admit that I really liked the pedicure.  Soaking feet in the warm water with the jets on felt so good.  First time in 70 years, I may have to try it again!  It has been a full day.  We got home, ordered pizza and watched a movie.  Lon got home about 8:30, ate and headed to bed.  He hasn't been able to enjoy the girls visit at all, but the beets will soon be done.
Saturday morning, we took a walk around town.  The girls wanted to see where Kurt and Linda had lived and where Deb Schvaneveldt lives.
It was a little nippy again this morning.  Poor Ginger is not used to this cold wind.
While the girls cleaned up, I ran to the church to help with the cleaning.  I got back in time to go with them to lunch with Aunt Judy.
We went to Elevation for lunch.  It is on the canyon rim.  The view was beautiful but even more beautiful was spending time with these 4 young ladies.  They are each amazing, talented, and fun to be with.  

My girls have given me an amazing 70th birthday.  We were celebrating Shayla and Mindi's birthdays too but I definitely got spoiled and treated like a queen this weekend. I hated to see them head for home.  
Our Halloween was very quiet.  We had Raul's grandchildren come Trick-o-treating.  October has come to an end.  It has been a full month.  We are not looking forward to cold weather but have really enjoyed this fall.  Life is good and we are very content.💖 


 







  




 


No comments:

Post a Comment