Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest. Joshua 1:9

Thursday, February 29, 2024

February 2024, Poisoning

 As January ended on a very sour note, February began on an even worse discord!😡 .  My second shingles shot continued to poison my body.  I woke up on the 1st throwing up again.  This time I called Jennifer, dear friend, nurse practitioner, and naturopath.  She got here about 10:30. I was on the bathroom floor with dry heaves.  This wasn't like a normal minears attach because this attach came with a severe headache.  Jennifer assessed the situation, ran to her office and returned with an IV filled with electrolytes and anti-nausea meds.  She hooked up a second IV when the first was done with just a saline solution.  Lon had to go to our presidency meeting about 11 and Jennifer came in and out to check on me.  I must have been a little out of my head most of the day.  I don't remember a lot of the day.  Finally, about 7pm I was able to crawl into bed and get some sleep.  

Now, in the temple, we always have to have a member of the temple presidency in the temple whenever any ordinances are being done, but if there are no female own endowments scheduled (someone coming for the first time) the matron doesn't have to be present.  So, between the Harris' and Lon, they worked out a schedule to cover everything.  I still wasn't able to get out of bed Friday or Saturday.  But I was starting to be able to eat and drink a little.  The headache was still severe and night sweats kept me up a lot at night.  The Harris' opened on Friday instead of Lon.  He did the afternoon shift but the Harris' came back to the temple so Lon could come home about 8:30pm.  Lon then opened on Saturday and the Harris' came in at 11:30 and sent him home for a much-needed nap as he had to speak in our Stake Conference Saturday evening.  Lon's talk was very good.  I enjoyed conference via the internet.  Sunday evening, I actually sat up in my recliner (well, not completely up, reclined in my recliner) for the first time in 4 days.

received some beautiful flowers from the Harris' and Taylors'

  I'm getting stronger.  Monday morning, I actually got dressed!!  We are on mornings Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.  Lon wouldn't let me try to go.  He covered the temple and I rested.  I was able to join in our presidency meeting by phone.  

We had the afternoon/evening shift on Friday and Saturday.  We start at 1:30 each afternoon.  On Friday, I lasted until about 5pm, then spent the rest of the evening in my office with my feet up, totally exhausted.  But I was there in case something happened and I was needed.  On Saturday, I lasted until 7 so each day is getting better.  On Monday the 12th, Jennifer did another IV treatment on me and Tuesday the 13th, I woke up and for the first time in 2 weeks I actually felt like me!!  This has been a rough 2 weeks on Lon too.  He was so patient and sweet, but it is hard when he feels so helpless when I am sick.  I don't know how much of the vaccine actually is still in my body after all of the vomiting and night sweats.  The shot probably is useless but I'm definitely not taking another one.

We closed Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and I was able to keep up and even enjoy life.  Finally, back in harmony and moving forward.
Happy Valentine's Day to this little cutie, Hadley, 4 months
We didn't get any sugar cookies made for our ministering families until the 16th.  So Happy Late Valentine's Day for them.  We attended the funeral for Helen Hepworth, I played the organ for it then we delivered cookies.
  Lon and LaRon and Mike Capps went ice fishing on the 20th and 21st. 

It was fun and successful.  They landed 18 the first day and brought home 4 and landed 34 the second day and brought home 8.  
Friday the 23rd, we opened but the Harris' came in at 10:30 so we could attend the baptism for Olga Goddard, the Russian woman who Lon met at the temple.

  She asked Lon to confirm her a member.  She had wonderful ward support and after the baptism, we went to her home for a Russian lunch.  It was a wonder day for all. 
 Today was a beautiful day and Lon got to golf 9 holes at 93 Golf Ranch.  First golfing outside for the year.  The weather has been so nice, but we know that it is only February, so winter is not over yet!
We finished February on the AM shift.  Leap Year, Happy Birthday Farrell!
Jaikka arrived in Italy safely and will be there for the next 5 months on a Studies Abroad Program.

She is really enjoying everything so far.
Ashton continues to enjoy his mission.
He is serving in Korea.
We also still have Gideon serving in Japan in the Navy Hospital.
We finished out AM shift on the 29th and went with the Neilson's to visit the Burley Temple site.
Kjel (temple recorder) and Kittie (ordinance worker)

Lon and Nancy
A very windy, cold day
 

There is a trailer set up with a senior missionary couple who do a virtual tour of the temple for you.  We got to examine the blueprints close up as we were the only ones there at this time.  It is a bigger temple than ours and is going to be such an asset to the Saints in the Burley area.  We will really miss our ordinance workers and patrons from this area but are so happy for them to have a temple closer, so they won't have to drive on the bad roads. 
And another month has come to an end.  Our winter weather has returned with wind and cold.  Our Lamb of God practices are going well.  I don't know my part as well as I would like to, but I have been helping Lon with his and the altos in sectionals with playing so I don't get to sing much, but it's going to be an amazing production. 
Goodbye February.




 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment