We have begun getting information from the Temple Department about our new calling. We had to get a new e-mail account that is more secure and change all of our passwords. We had to get Microsoft Team set up and fill out histories of our lives and service for the Temple Department. I spent all of Monday and Tuesday on the computer and by Wednesday the 4th I had a minear's attack and spent the day in bed. Not a fun way to start a new month! Hopefully everything that I have set up will work😜
We were asked to meet with President McCurdy (present temple president) on Thursday afternoon. He presented Lon with a letter from President Russell M. Nelson, dated May 3, 2022. Lon has been authorized to exercise the Sealing Authority in the Twin Falls Temple. He will begin on our shift next Tuesday. We are so thrilled for Lon. He has missed doing sealings.
We spent the week getting our reading assignments done, both for Sunday School and Relief Society lessons, English Connect class and for our Temple Presidency Video training session. Monday the 9th we began at 10:00AM. We had to get a few kinks out of the works but finally about 15 minutes late we got started. I was so thrilled that I actually got us online but then President Harris asked us to read from the Temple President's Handbook - - I was like - - I am on video call with you. How can I get to the Handbook? With their help, I was able to get it on Lon's I-pad. 😖Hopefully next week I can get it all together much smoother. Our training session was wonderful. We are so going to love serving with these amazing people.
Tuesday evening in our English Connect class, we had a new student come. We taught Erendida as usual and the Wallaces had the new student plus 2 of our regulars. It was a great evening.
We did our temple shift on Tuesday morning, subbed for the Molina's on Wednesday PM and took the Zysett's to the temple on Thursday. Great temple week!
We went to dinner with George and Kim on Friday the 13th. We had a great meal at Norm's Cafe in Twin Falls then drove through Mellon Valley, and on down to Bell Rapids, through Hagerman and home through Wendell on all of the back roads. We saw about 4 herds of deer. Had no idea that so many deer spent the winter in Hagerman valley. We didn't get home til 9 but really enjoyed our evening.
On Saturday the 14th, Ryanne stopped on her way to Idaho Falls. We took her to lunch at Chick-fillet. Then we stopped to visit Grandma Reid before Ryanne had to get back on the road. What a great day.
Our training on the 16th went much better. We are sure getting to love these people. The training is really great. A lot of it is a review for us but we are learning a lot of new procedures also.
At our ward party on the 19th, we were given a bag of dry ingredients and a bag of wet ingredients for making bread. We had a nice meal then went to different rooms to receive an ingredient along with a spiritual message about each of the ingredients with a life lesson for us. It was a great evening. We took the Zysett's with us.
I was a little concerned about the bread as the yeast was combined with all the dry ingredients, but with warming up the butter, water and milk, it turned out great.
We headed to Boise on the 20th to go golfing with Craig and Robbie. We were going to spend the weekend but Lon was asked to do a Spanish Sealing at the temple so we needed to be home by about 5pm so he could get to the temple on time.
Craig, Robbie, Nancy, Lon

Lon and Craig always walk while Robbie and I take a cart
Robbie's legs just won't let her walk without a lot of pain. We had a lot of fun, had lunch at Idaho Pizza and got home in time for Lon to shower and head to the temple.
Tracy, Shayla, Lon and I met at the golf course on Saturday the 21st and played a quick 9 holes. We played the back 9 and on hole 14 I stepped wrong on the bridge going to the green and sprained my ankle. I tried not to limp as we finished the round but was looking forward to getting home to ice my ankle. It really was painful. Lon was afraid that I had broken something but I didn't want to spoil anyone's fun . We met up with Justin and Hendryx and Sarah and Eisley for brunch at Idaho Joe's. Lon spent the rest of the day helping LaRon and I got my foot elevated and iced.

I went from black and blue to yellow and green
I tried to keep it elevated and iced for a week and didn't golf till the 30th, and then took a cart. It is finally starting to heal.
Ashton's high school graduation was on the 23rd. They could only get 6 tickets so we stayed home to watch it on the internet and let Steve and Bev attend.
Ashton had to present a gift to the guest speaker.
Eisley, Ashton and Chandler
Bev, Ashton, Grandpa Steve Roberts and Sarah
So proud of this young man. He was involved with student government this year and really enjoyed his senior year, although he did get a bit of "seniorites" in the spring.
After spending the day in the temple and going to lunch with the Zysett's and Sister Petersen, Karen Miller came to town that evening and spent the 26th with us. Lon went fishing Friday morning and Drew came to town. He and Karen spent the day at the temple and then with their girls and granddaughter in Twin Falls. They spent Friday night with us also but then headed for home because Karen was not feeling well. We love them to come visit. We miss them.
I got Dad and John's graves decorated but I was a "naughty" girl and didn't get the other 20 graves decorated this year. Just didn't have the energy to do it
Dad and John Turley
Sharon made the beautiful hanging plant
Sharon is so talented. The plants are beautiful and even with rain and wind daily they are going to work for next year also.
Dick and Kyla and Justin and Shannon and their family came to Twin on Friday. They stayed in a motel in Twin so that the kids had a swimming pool to play in. We were hoping to have a dinner at Tracy and Sarah's home but Logan had just found out that he was exposed to Covid and Tracy's family were leaving in 5 days for a cruise so they couldn't take any chances. So we had the 7 of them come to our house for lunch. They were able to spend time with Mom at Serenity that afternoon. Then on Sunday they all went to Serenity to attend church with her. Mom was so thrilled to show them off to her friends there. They came back to our home for dinner again on Sunday. I fixed them arepa's and the kids did really good trying a new food.
Justin, Shannon, Logan, Conner, Cole, Kyla, Dick
The twins Cassie and Abby
It was so much fun to get to know these special people again.
On Sunday the 29th I was released from my callings in Relief Society, teaching and Compassionate Service Coordinator.
We were to head to Mount Vernon, Washington on Tuesday evening, but we think the Lord had a different idea. Tuesday morning I woke up with a vertigo attack so Lon went to the temple alone. We decided that maybe we would wait a day and then try to leave on Wednesday. Staci called Craig and said that she has been exposed to Covid and that she was worried about our safety in Seattle. With an out of town license plate, she told us to be sure to stay in the middle lane on the freeway and not stop for anything in the Seattle area. Craig and Lon talked it over and just didn't feel good about taking the trip. (so thankful it wasn't my fault due to the vertigo) Then on Thursday, Craig and Robbie both got sick and we were all very thankful that we weren't stuck in a motel room for the weekend sick.
And May has come to an end. It was a month with a lot going on, physically, mentally, and spiritually for us. The weather has been cold, hot, windy and calm. And that's Idaho!
No comments:
Post a Comment