When we got home, we received word that my Mom had a stroke on Saturday evening and was life-flighted to Twin Falls hospital. Twin Falls said that they could not help her and they life-flighted her and Judy to St. Lukes Hospital in Boise.
Mom's blood pressure was very high and that caused a blood vessel in her head to burst. Her left side was not functioning but she was awake and has been able to communicate.
I don't have many photo's with me but Mom really loves this Santa and his elf
Sunday was a very hard day as we are so far away and getting up dates by phone and text isn't as comforting or easy to understand as being at the hospital with everyone.
Connie and Judy have been with Mom all week. Linda arrived on Sunday afternoon and these three have been taking wonderful watchful care of our angel Mother.
Connie, Debbie, Doug, Dick, Nancy, Mom, Lon
Grandma with our little missionary Heidi outside the Twin Falls Temple
All week our thoughts have been with Mom and memories from the past.
Mom and Judy on one of our shopping trips
We took Mom up to Star to see Deb's new house
Mom went to sleep on Tuesday and didn't wake up again till Wednesday. We weren't sure that she would ever wake up again. This week has been a roller coaster ride with one day good reports and the next day with bad ones. She hasn't been able to swallow and her left side has been damaged. Her blood pressure continues to be a problem with getting it under 140 and some of the medicines for that are affecting her heart.
Tuesday night when I couldn't sleep this song came into my mind and I have to share it with you. It was written by Calee Reed.
It started with rock-a-bye, comforting me when I'd cry all in her own style,
Then popcorn before my eyes, turning frowns upside down into smiles.
With songs of the birds up high, looking at the blue, blue sky
and the wind as it rushes by,
Then leading me, guiding me, walking beside me she helped me to walk in the light.
And she built my house on a rock
And she lives all that she taught
And she is all that a woman should be
She put the music in me.
I knew He was really there, He heard my child's prayer answering from above
She gave like a little stream, I was her sunbeam
And I felt my Savior's love
I saw her kneel and pray with our family every day
listening to each whispered word
Gentle in deed and thought, all the things Jesus taught
Following promptings she heard
And she lives to search, ponder, pray
And she gives every day
So her thanks will always be thanks indeed
She put the music in me
He made the tiny wings of each little bird that sings in the leafy treetops up high
And all creatures great and small, I know God made them all
because of her sweet lullabies
She's like a star shining bright and helps me to choose the right
And she gives me the hope of a life yet to be
She put the music in me
She is so good to me, Heavenly Father sent her to me
And she taught me to lift up my voice and sing
She put the music in me
She put the music in me
Yes, our angel Mother put the music of the gospel of Jesus Christ in my heart and it pierced my very soul. She is the reason that I am here serving my Heavenly Father. She is my example, my biggest cheer leader, my teacher, my Mom. She sacrificed so much for me. I will ever be thankful for the hours she spent getting me to piano lessons, dance lessons, concerts, and childhood activities. I am who I am because of my angel Mother. She truly did put the music in me. I love her and cherish my memories.
Wednesday afternoon was a good day for Mother. She woke up and was alert and communicating. She informed everyone that there would be no feeding tubes. Blood pressure continues to be a problem.
She slept most of Thursday but had a party on Friday as she had all of her children around her bed except me. Boy have we changed over the years.
Mom is out of ICU, eating a little pudding and trying to get out of Boise. She has some improvements to make before she can be sent to a rehab in Twin Falls. It is Saturday night. Dick and Kyla headed for home. The party is coming to an end. Mom has had two very good days. Having her children here has been a boost for her. She is very weak and fragile but her spirits have been high. It is still day by day and is hard to be so far away. I am so thankful for my brother, brothers-in-law, my sisters and Kyla. I miss you all terribly.
We are thankful for our children who are supporting each other and us at this stressful and difficult time as we wait on the Lord for His will to be done.
I send my love to each of you. You are in my prayers. May God give you the strength to face the coming day.
We don't know the outcome for Mom right now, but we do know that because of our Savior and his atoning sacrifice in our behalf, families can be together forever. I love my angel Mother and if I don't get to embrace her again in this life, I will have that chance in the life to come. Thank you Mom for putting the music in me.







No comments:
Post a Comment